Martha Stewart Copper Gilding Sheets
Martha Stewart Gilding Adhesive
2 Paint Brushes (1 to apply adhesive, 1 soft brush to brush off gilding)
Stiff Bristled Brush to use with gilding sheets
Glass Ball Ornaments
- Remove tops from ornaments.
- Using the gilding adhesive, paint design on the ornaments. Allow adhesive to air dry until surface feels tacky.
- Remove gilding sheet from package.
- Wrap gilding sheet around the ornament and use the stiff bristled brush to transfer the gilding to the ornament. You may need to reposition the sheet or use a second sheet to make sure all your design is covered.
- Allow to dry for 1-2 hours and then, using the soft bristled brush, brush away the remnants of gilding that are not adhered to the ornament.
- Attach an ornament hook or decorative ribbon to hang
Tips & Tricks
- Use a small amount of gilding adhesive on your brush. It is thin and may run if too much is used.
- Gilding adhesive dries clear.
Be sure to check out the post on Day 9 a few years ago: Metallic Words on Canvas!