Dark Chocolate Peppermint Stir Stick
We are continuing with my love of peppermint and chocolate today with a quick DIY idea. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got a great gift add-on or festive element for a hot cocoa or coffee bar at a holiday party.
Dark Candy Chocolate Melts (I used Wilton)
Crushed Candy Canes
Mini Cupcake Liners (aren’t the striped ones cute!)
Thin Popsicle Sticks (I found these next to the regular sized ones at my local craft store)
- Separate and set out mini cupcake liners
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Once smooth add crushed candy canes and stir.
- Place a Ziploc bag in a short tumbler, fold the top over the rim and spoon in melted chocolate/candy cane mixture.
- Remove Ziploc from glass and push chocolate mixture to one corner.
- Snip off the corner of the Ziploc bag and pipe the chocolate mixture into each mini cupcake liner.
- Using the end of a popsicle stick, smooth out the chocolate mixture.
- Once mixture is smooth sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of chocolate and insert a thin popsicle stick.
These can be displayed on a tray for party guests to mix into their coffee and cocoa or they are cute packaged in a clear bag with a little ribbon!
Last years Day 6 is still one of my favorites! I created a Fresh Bay Leaf Wreath for my front door!
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead & a happy holiday season!