It is hard to believe that it is December 1st today and that it is the first day of our 12 Days of Gifts, Decor & Recipes for 2014. This year is the 5th year of our 12 Days series…time sure flies. Let’s get started!
Little Drummer Boy Cylinder
I am always looking for new ways to decorate a glass cylinder. Here I used a little ribbon to transform the cylinder into a drum!
Glass Cylinder, Ribbon (varying widths), Gold Cord, Adhesive Rhinestone, Scissors, Tape Measure, Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks.
- Measure the circumference of your cylinder and cut the ribbon about a 1/2 inch longer.
- I like to add a couple of dots of glue to the end of my ribbon and fold it over to create a finished edge.
- Next, wrap the ribbon around the cylinder and glue the finished edge to the top of the unfinished edge.
- Continue by gluing the other ribbons in place.
- The circumference of my cylinder was about 10.5 inches. When adding the gold cord I spaced the peaks & valleys just over 2 inches apart.
- To finish things off I added an adhesive rhinestone to each peak and valley.
Be sure to check out the Hand-Stamped Candle we shared on Day 1 a few years ago!
Wishing you much joy, peace & love this holiday season!